Our team of therapists hold regular workshops and training like those below but group workshops can also be arranged for family, friends, professionals and unpaid carers upon request.
Friendships and Relationships
This age appropriate workshop aims to support participants in increasing their knowledge and awareness of positive ways to develop meaningful relationships. Some workshops are specific for members of the LGBTQIA community.
You learn about:
- Conversation, taking turns and making friends
- Steps in forming positive relationships
- Making informed choices
- Protecting yourself and being safe, including online activity
- Thinking about others feelings and behaviour
Activities, worksheets, DVDs and an outing to a local cafe will be opportunities used for structured education in building friendship and dating skills.
Held both for males and females, this is a comfortable place for our clients to ask those ‘awkward’ questions. Topics vary depending on the age group but may include:
- Body parts and puberty
- Public and private places
- Menstruation and menopause
- Protective behaviours, sex and consent
- Contraception and safe sex
- Conception, pregnancy and child birth
Professional Development – Relationships and Sexuality
This is a course presented by Liz Dore for counsellors, therapists and support staff supporting teenagers and adults with disability. This training will equip you with resources and strategies to assist your clients in developing social skills, positive relationships and increase their sexuality knowledge and awareness.
It will include: practical activities to teach friendship and relationships skills; discussions about sexuality; and using disability related resources.
Staff members will gain knowledge of strategies and resources which they can use to assist the people they support:
- Complete the Assessment of Sexuality Knowledge (ASK)
- Develop friendships, dating and relationships skills
- Use pictorial resources to discuss steps involved
- Increase their sexuality awareness and knowledge of rights and the law
- Identify good, bad and safe relationships
This event counts as 5 hours of category A CPD for PACFA’s membership renewal requirements.
For more information or enquiries contact Jan on 0416 122 634 or via email.